Monday, November 21, 2016

Thankfulness

Seeing as Thanksgiving is only a few days away, it seemed a good time to blog.  I'm not going to go through everything I am thankful for, as that would take days and days and be way too long to read.  I'll instead tell you about the three things I am most thankful for.  First, Jesus.  He is my savior and my God and I could never have survived the last 2 and a half years without Him.  Second- my family.  My husband and my children are everything to me.  My parents and my in-laws are the most amazing examples of love and care. Third- MY CANCER.  Yep, you read that right.  I am so thankful for the experiences I have gone through.  I am a different, better person.  I appreciate life so much more.  I am all about experiences and adventure and not wasting time.  These are all lessons cancer taught me.

Yes, I still deal with fear, like I wrote about last time.  I still have one more surgery to go on Dec. 20th, and right now I'm getting IV treatments for iron deficiency.  I'm still tired a lot.  I have no abdominal strength due to my surgery last June. I'm getting tired of mentioning my neuropathy, so I won't even bring it up. ;)

But all those annoyances are no big deal compared to the change in me that has made me a better version of myself.  I am SO thankful God chose to refine me in this way.  Life is so much richer, so much more meaningful, and so much brighter.

Two years ago, I am not sure I would ever be able to say these things.  Today, I'll tell anyone who will listen- I am thankful for cancer!!

What are you thankful for this season?  Leave me a comment so I can rejoice with you!

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment