Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Almost There

My poor, dear husband is sick.  He has some sort of bacterial infection.  I'm afraid he just got run down over the last couple of weeks trying to take care of me and get ready for Thanksgiving and such.  I'm sad that he is sick, but I am also glad that I get an opportunity to take care of him for a while.  He has been such a rock over these last 6 months.  I may be the one with the physical illness, but we are both fighting this cancer together.  I can't beat it without him.  Maybe I could physically, but mentally and emotionally I could never do it without him.  We are a perfect team and I'm so thankful for him everyday.

Two days left until final chemo!!  I ordered a fun gift for the chemo girls last night.  I wanted to do something a little different than just cookies or cupcakes.  I hope they like it.  I'll tell you all about it after Thursday.

It's a good thing we're almost done.  We pulled back on the Cymbalta so I could stop crying (didn't really work), but it was very much holding the neuropathy at bay.  The lower dose has been awful.  I can't feel anything in my feet or hands.  Typing this is an exercise in frustration management.  Lord willing, the effects will start to lessen in the next month or so.

Today Jeff read Psalm 150 in our meeting and for announcements.  It's one of my favorites.  Let everything that has breath praise the LORD!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking of and praying for you every day, Robin! Praising God with you that this chapter of your journey is finally coming to a close! :)

    ReplyDelete