Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Back to School

I started back to school full time yesterday.  It was really good to be back.  It's great to have my classroom back and I'm very much enjoying getting back to my curriculum.  I just about have my grade book all caught up, which is good seeing as next week is the end of 3rd quarter.  I can hardly believe it!

Last night Darrin and I got to go see Alton Brown Live.  Some friends of ours bought tickets, but then they moved out of town and couldn't use them, so they passed them to us.  And these weren't just any tickets- these were the meet and greet, 2nd row tickets!  We've never watched Alton Brown's show, Good Eats, but we think we will now!  ( he is a celebrity chef).  He was very friendly when we met him and he signed some things for us.  The show was absolutely hilarious.  I think I smiled for the whole two and a half hours.  He is a masterful storyteller and had us hanging on every hilarious word.  It was exactly what I needed after such a hard weekend.  God is so good.  He had that little respite planned out for us from the very beginning.  He knew we would need to laugh and have time together.  It was perfect.

The rest of the week is very quiet.  I think this is the first week in 7 months that I do not have ANY appointments.   I am really excited about that. :)  Starting next week they pick up again, so I am going to savor this week.  It feels like an oasis in the midst of our desert.  We are filling back up so we can face what is coming.  :) Go, Team Robin!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you get such a relaxing week. You should watch Good Eats! It's a really wonderful show, I know you would love it.

    We are praying for you

    Go Team Robin!

    -Sophia Abraham

    ReplyDelete