Monday, February 2, 2015

Getting Better

I can tell you all have been praying for me.  I am doing much, much better.  I have been able to wake up most days and have a productive day.  A productive day for me right now means getting one or two tasks done, but I'll take it!  I did sleep until 2 today, though.  I needed a day to recharge, and this snow day was perfect for it.

I am going back to school this week part time- just in the afternoons.  I'll have 2 study halls and my world history class, which is my favorite class to teach.  It's kind of silly to just go back for 6 days, but I need to do something to keep me occupied and not focused on the trip to Mayo.

I decided that before our trip, I wanted to take each boy out on a date. They got to choose what to do, and there were no limits. ( I could do that because I knew they wouldn't want to do anything terribly expensive- they have relatively simple tastes.)  Shiloh and I went to see the third Night at the Museum movie, went to McDonald's for supper, and then went to Walmart to look at Lego, since he had a gift card.  He didn't find anything he wanted, so we went home and he ordered a set online.  It was a very fun evening.  Luke and I went to see Interstellar, which is a FANTASTIC film.  I highly recommend it- spiritual themes all over the place.  Then we went to Chick-fil-a for supper and headed home to watch Agent Carter on TV.  Andy and I are going tomorrow.  We're going to rent The Hundred Foot Journey and then go to Red Robin for supper.  They are all so much fun to hang out with, and so very different.  It has been so fun over the years to watch their personalities develop.  They have been  wonderful through this whole cancer journey.  They take excellent care of me when I need help. I couldn't ask for better kids.

It has been so great to feel more like me again.  Please keep praying.  Anytime I start to think about Mayo and these surgeries I start to feel overwhelmed again.  I just keep reminding myself that God is already there.  He's on the other side of the surgeries and knows exactly how they are going to go.  He also is right here beside me helping me through every day.  That amazes me about God.  He is everywhere and everyWHEN all at the same time.  And he is intimately interested in all the wheres and whens.  For all you Doctor Who fans- He is the ultimate Time Lord. :)  Our God cares about every detail in our lives- nothing is too small to take to Him in prayer.  I am so awed and humbled by that truth.

I've seen the Lord do a couple of undeniable miracles in some friends' lives over the last few weeks, after years of praying.  His timing is perfect and wonderful.  I am so privileged to be part of His family, and I know my cancer is part of his plan to bring glory to Himself.  I still hate it, but that knowledge does make it easier.  As do all your prayers and notes!!  Let's praise the LORD for his goodness, TEAM ROBIN!

3 comments:

  1. This is the first post in awhile where you are starting to sound more like yourself, and it makes me happy. :) I'm so glad you're feeling better - the Lord is so faithful! :) Praying for you always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extra credit points for the Doctor Who reference! I happen to be a big fan :)
    Thanks for writing on this blog since it's pretty much my only way of knowing how you are doing! My Bible study group and I prayed for you during the time of you Chemo and I am always thinking of you. God IS amazing and He cares for you! I wish we could are talk in person sometime, but I am glad that I can still read this to know how you are doing!
    -Sister in Christ, Amy Pratt

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hundred Foot Journey is a great movie! Praying for you, Robin! ♥

    ReplyDelete