Saturday, August 2, 2014

A tired day

This morning we got up and Andy came with us to the Farmer's Market.  It's been so fun to actually be able to go to all of them this summer.  I had a shot at 10, so we hit the Market about 8:30.  We got home about 10:30, and I was just done.  I went up and took a several hour nap while Darrin and Andy and Luke finished the grocery shopping and Andy made some super decadent cheesecake bars we're going to have in a little while.

I did get up and help make our Italian country meal for tonight.  We made Devil's chicken (seemed appropriate with the end of the Red Devil)  and vegetable risotto.  They are recipes from the Calabria region of Italy.  We wanted to avoid the normal pasta/ pizza stuff.  It all turned out great.

Then we went and got the few things we needed to round out school supplies.  At the end of every school year, I tell kids if they are not going to keep perfectly good supplies, to pile them in my room.  I was able to outfit my boys with everything they needed except for 1 protractor/compass set and 7 folders.  Our school supplies cost us less than $10.  My boys are gracious to not mind having slightly used binders and notebooks that maybe are missing a page or two.  I just can't believe what kids get rid of.  It's appalling, actually.  I still have tons of notebooks, several binders and lots of tab dividers.  I keep it all in my room for kids who need stuff through out the year.

Anyway, I'm glad we have all that sorted before I start feeling yuckier.  I just need to get Luke a pair of shoes and everyone should be set for the start of the year.  They've even all ready had their hair cut!

I am just so tired.  I know it's because I'm back on full doses of the anti-nausea stuff, which wipes me out, and because the effects of the chemo are cumulative.  I'm hoping I'll be awake enough for church in the morning- I really want to be.  I have to get another shot at 11, so we'll have to leave right away again.  But this is the last weekend for shots.  The Taxol doesn't require one. I'm glad about that!  As the writer of Hebrews says:  "Better things are coming!"

1 comment: