Tuesday, August 26, 2014

A short hiatus

I did get to go home on Sunday night about 5:30!  Taking an unencumbered shower and sleeping in my own bed were absolute bliss.  I'm going to take a couple days before I write the rest of the story.  I'm finding myself with just a touch of what might be called PTSD.  Every time I think about the hospital I panic a little. Last night I woke up alone on the couch and absolutely went nuts- I didn't know where I was.  I'm terrified I will have to go back to the hospital if I run a fever again.  Please pray that the panic will lessen and that I will be able to stay home.  I see my oncology team again tomorrow (I saw them yesterday, too).  If everything is good, I should be able to start my next round of chemo on Thursday- 2 weeks late.  If I can't start it, it could be bad for the rest of my treatment- I don't really understand it all.  Anyway- please keep the prayers coming, and I promise I'll finish the story!!

2 comments:

  1. Continuing to pray and thankful you are journaling so that we know better how to pray! I'm still jobless, so anything you need, holler!!! I can take you places too. Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am confident that we all appreciate your updates but totally understand if/when you don't feel up to it. We will pray no matter what and the Spirit knows your needs and intercedes for us. Love you!

    ReplyDelete