Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The end of one normal and the start of another

When I woke up this morning, I realized that this is the last day of the normal I am familiar with.  That's a little scary and a little sad.  I like my normal and wouldn't choose to change it.  People say this is a great time to reevaluate how we live and to start being intentional about life.  Darrin and I have worked really hard in our marriage to make our lives intentional already.  I don't have any regrets or things I wish I'd been doing.  I guess that's a good thing! We already make lists of things we want to accomplish, people we want to see, places we want to go, and we work hard to make all those things happen each year. We'll just keep doing that, I guess, and be glad that we haven't put things off and missed out on things because we weren't intentional.

 I am pretty excited about my own fitness and nutrition people.  It makes me feel a bit like a rich movie star!  I guess I'm moving into being a survivor, not just a live-er. (wanted to make sure you didn't think I meant a liver- yuck!) ;)  Survivor sounds nice- it's strong and brave.  I feel like I should be running around in camo with big weapons and saving everyone from the bad guys. :)  "She's a survivor, man!!"  :)

So- how are we spending my last day of this normal?  Redecorating the Lego Lounge in the basement as a surprise for the boys when they come home, getting compost from the dump (SMELLY!!) to finish planting our flowers, and hopefully dinner out somewhere nice. We usually only go to places where we have gift cards or coupons, but it seems like maybe tonight we can go where ever we want.  I think it's a special enough occasion!! Now we just have to decide where. . .

On another note- thank you all so much for your kind words on Facebook and in email messages.  It is very humbling to know you are all praying and reading this blog.  When I was praying this morning, I realized that I"m pretty excited about being able to encourage other people in their struggles as I go through mine.  Not everyone is facing cancer, but everyone is facing something.  Our Lord is already there.  It is an honor to be able to face this with Him, and with you all.  Go Team Robin!

5 comments:

  1. I just caught up on your blogs. Re-reminded what am amazing person you are...in the normal, "I know her & get to be her friend" kind of way. I am praying for your surgery all morning! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I have to do everything Morgan does, I wanted to let you know that I'm also creeping on your blog. ;) Many prayers for you and your precious family this morning, that you will all be filled with God's peace all throughout today. Love you - Go Team Robin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having just gotten to know you over the last 2 years, I am realizing what a special person you are! You have amazing strength and an amazing faith that I know will get you through this with God getting honor in the process (He already has!) I am praying for you, Robin, and am available to help in any way. Teresa Davidson

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking of you yesterday and today and hope you are getting along alright. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This entry makes me think of this song by Martina McBride. I know you're not exactly a country music fan, so I posted a link for you here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYNOXRifXKQ

    ReplyDelete