Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Timing

I've been thinking a lot today about how God is so in control of this whole situation.  For example, the last two summers we have taken big, two week vacations.  One to Colorado and one to the east coast.  After last summer, we talked and decided that we didn't want to do another really big trip this summer- we just wanted to do some smaller camping trips and be at home more.  If we had planned a big trip, we most likely would have had to cancel it.

We did plan a smaller trip with my parents to Branson for Andy to check out a college.  To fit my dad's teaching schedule, we are going at the very end of July/first of August.  If I only have to do radiation, that should be my last week and we'll only have to change the trip by one day.

Getting this diagnosis right at the end of the school year means we can deal with it over the summer, so hopefully the fall won't be disrupted for my teaching schedule.

Back in March, we scheduled for the boys to be away for a few days right now, so we don't have to worry about them on Thursday and this weekend.

It never ceases to amaze me how God has worked in advance to handle things before we even know they need to be handled. I can't really even put it into words.  Just knowing that He has it all arranged and all figured out is so very comforting.  It's also very humbling.  The God of all creation, the God of the whole universe, is so interested in me that He made sure I wouldn't have to cancel a vacation and face that disappointment on top of everything else.  That's pretty amazing.

1 comment:

  1. If that's the College of the Ozarks in Branson, it's beautiful. When we went to Branson with my parents for their 50th anniversary, that was one of the places Mom *had* to take us to for a meal.

    ReplyDelete