Sunday, July 13, 2014

Dead modem

I'm sorry I've been absent for a couple of days.  Our modem went down right after I posted on Thursday night and we just got a new one this morning.  The Mediacom guy was surprised at how awful our equipment was.  He fixed everything up and now hopefully our internet will run at a decent speed and not drop Netflix every night. :)

I've managed to stay away from the clinic for 3 whole days so far!!  They called me on Friday wondering why I didn't come in for my shot, but they hadn't actually scheduled me for one.  We decided that I could go without it, so I got to stay home.  I still don't have the nausea under control- I've been throwing up everyday.  But it is better than it has been.  Today I am completely exhausted.  Sylvia said that would be normal for today and tomorrow and hopefully by Tuesday and Wednesday I'll be ok for our little camping trip.

I'm eating lots of potassium rich foods like apricots to try to keep those levels up.  I'm back to pretty much no taste sensation at all.  I know I'm eating, and I know what it is supposed to taste like, but right now everything is pretty tasteless again.

I was telling Darrin yesterday that I feel like I move from meal to meal to meal to bed everyday.  I guess we all do that, but it seems like that is all I'm focused on.  Will I be able to taste anything?  Will it stay down?  Will I actually be able to sleep comfortably tonight?  It's like normal activities have just slid away and I'm focusing on getting through the day so I can see if I feel better on the next one.

We did a little shopping yesterday and it cost me vomiting and bed for the rest of the day.  We're not quite to the halfway mark on this round of treatment.  Thursday will be halfway.  Then there will just be one more month of this awfulness, Lord willing.  After that, the second round drug will hopefully be nicer.  Especially since I'll be starting that one right as school gets going again.

We did have a little fun yesterday brushing and bathing all the cats. :)  That is quite the experience. They are actually quite good about it, though Chloe yowls to beat the band.  But they are much less sheddy now, which is nice for cuddling.  Darrin did a great job with them all.

It was nice to see everyone at church today.  Please don't ever be offended if I don't talk much or seem to be avoiding people.  I love to be there, but it is quite an effort.  Also- I have to be really careful to not pick up extra germs since my immune system is so knocked out.  I did really enjoy Sean's message and the music- Great is His Faithfulness!!!  Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow- blessings all mine and ten thousand beside.  :)

3 comments:

  1. It was great to see you this morning. My prayer today was that would would be able to make it through the service this morning. I am glad you did. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read the spoon story? It seems an apt analogy for your now.

    http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/wpress/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too was glad to see you from afar at church - praying that you get to enjoy your camping trip!

    ReplyDelete