Saturday, June 14, 2014

A quick note

Tonight we get to spoil Luke a little since both Andy and Shiloh are gone.  We saw Andy off to Puerto Rico this morning at 5:45.  Shiloh is at the ARC for a respite weekend.  We'll pick him up tomorrow.  It's fun to just have Luke.  We've been eating pizza and popcorn and watching movies.

Today I got a big dose of encouragement from some friends.  It was much needed and much appreciated.  I haven't slept much the past few days- a combination of pain from surgeries and a brain that won't shut down.  I felt pretty wretched this morning, but it got better through the morning.  I did need a 2 hour nap when I got home today, though.  The pain from the lumpectomy is now down to just annoying.  The pain from the port is best described as a bad muscle ache.  It's getting better, too, but slowly.  It was nice to hang out with people this morning and be able to forget about it all for awhile.

All my appointments are set up for my hair for next week.  I got a huge surprise a couple days ago when Amy called me from Turkey to say she had set up an appointment with a photographer for me!!  It amazes me how the blessings keep pouring in from all over the world.  :)

We're moving in to the last few days before chemo.  I want to make the absolute most of them, so I'd appreciate prayers for feeling good and less pain.  I'm finding it necessary to tap into all the courage I can find right now.

Well, the cinnamon rolls are started and we have a movie to finish with Luke.  Thanks for all your love and support!! Go TEAM ROBIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment