Saturday, June 7, 2014

Who knew pathology reports could be such fun?? :)

Last night I sat down to read about my chemo drugs and my final pathology report.  I just want to share one really wonderful little bit with you.  Here we go:

"Nuclear Pleomorphism:  Score 3: Vesicular nuclei, often with prominent nucleoli, exhibiting marked variation in size and shape, occasionally with very large and bizarre forms."

I laughed and laughed.  "Very large and bizarre forms."  Of course, we're talking large on the cellular level, but I still just envision huge, weirdo shapes from a Picasso painting. :)  You can always count on me to be described as bizarre- even my cells!!

We're off to the Farmer's Market this morning.  It might be the only one I get to enjoy this summer.  The next one is right after chemo starts.  So I'm going to eat whatever I want.  :)  And I'm going to look for cute head scarves.

I don't think people in Cedar Rapids always recognize how incredible our city has become in the last few years.  We rose from a devastating tragedy to be better, stronger, and prettier.  I don't consider cancer to be a devastating tragedy in any way, but it is fun to think how the Lord will work to make me better and stronger through it.  And everyone tells me that my hair might grow back curly and really fun.  That would be great!  I've always envied my college roommate's hair.  Sarah Denhart has the best hair of anyone I know.  :)

Get out and enjoy our city today!  There is the Downtown Farmer's Market, free trolleys over to NewBo and back, and this afternoon there is a big Asian Festival at the ampitheater.  I hope there are dumplings!

Here's to a great Saturday.

2 comments:

  1. sorry, I clicked the wrong thing. mine came in curly and dark and now has more body than I ever had. So there are some perks to losing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) You make me smile. Truth on the possibility of hair growing back in curly! That happened to my Ankeny roommate, Angela, after she went through treatment for non hodgkin's lymphoma.

    ReplyDelete